Training & Development
We stand behind our promise to deliver the best service available to our clients. We accomplish this by the quality of our Security Officers, through our elite training program and with the incomparable knowledge and dedication of our leadership team.
Training & Development
BASIC UNARMED & ARMED SECURITY OFFICER TRAINING
Training is the key ingredient that turns an ordinary ‘security guard’ into a Professional Security Officer. While each state in our footprint may have its own standards for training set and articulated by various Security Regulatory Boards, Security Engineers’ goal is to meet and/or exceed legislated requirements in our efforts to prepare professionals for the field.
INITIAL TRAINING PROGRAM OUTLINE
INTRODUCTION TO SEI, INC.
- Company activities and services
- Company performance and opportunities
- Appearance, attitude and conduct
- Communicating with the public
- Communicating with Clients
- Rules and responsibilities
- Special care/assistance for
- Disciplinary action
- Emergency procedures
- Fire extinguishers/first aid kits
- Responsibilities and relationships
with the police
- Report procedure
- Log book
- Daily Officer’s Report
- Irregularity/Incident Report
- Limits of equipment
- Patrol Recording Devices
- Radio equipment
- Organization reporting – 24 hours
- Serious incident reporting
- Emergency reporting
- Standard issue
- Cleaning of uniform
- Upkeep and appearance requirements
Security Engineers stays ahead of the curve by providing consistency across our footprint with centralized training. Every Officer is provided Live Training either in person or using our web-based platform via two-way video conferencing that includes interactive real-life scenarios within a classroom setting. Live video classroom allows every Officer in any location to speak, interact and learn with one another.
CONSISTENCY AND CULTURE
Because Security Engineers is unique in the way we train and do business, we spend time focused on the cultural aspects of our company, as well as the expectations of each and every Officer wearing our uniform. This allows us to instill the same principles into every Officer we hire. You’ll find our Officers take pride in wearing our uniform across our entire footprint.
This training is designed specifically for each site and is comprised of industry-specific issues relating to the client’s needs as well as current security topics. Supervisory specialist training is conducted for all Project Managers, Site Supervisors and clients by Security ’s Quality Assurance Manager on a quarterly basis.
Target Solutions is a complete online learning management system SEI uses to supplement its robust training program that provides access to hundreds of security training courses. Training administrators and managers can manage and track officers’ progress and testing results 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; review courses completed, courses in progress, test scores, and pass/fail results, run reports for documentation and certificates of completion to be presented to officers. By supplementing SEI designed training with the Target Solutions Training System, we are able to provide our security officers with continuous in-service training and arm them with the essential knowledge and skills for success and continuous improvement.
TARGET SOLTUIONS ONLINE TRAINING
- General Duties
- Access Control
- Building Searches
- Correcting Common Errors in Reports
- Customer Service as a Security Function
- Detection Procedures
- Effective Interviewing
- Enforcement Techniques
- Event Security (Part I)
- Event Security (Part II)
- Event Security (Part III)
- Gang Trends
- Intelligence Gathering
- Interviewing at the Scene
- Juveniles and Gangs
- Maintaining a Safe Work Environment
- Physical Fitness for Security Officers (Part I)
- Physical Fitness for Security Officers (Part II)
- Professional Communication (Part I)
- Professional Communication (Part II)
- Radio Communication (Part I)
- Radio Communication (Part II)
- Report Writing
- Report Writing and Crime Prevention
- Search and Escort
- Security and Police Relations
- Telephone Techniques
- Testifying as a Security Officer
- The Basics of Fixed Security Posts
- Homeland Security
- Terrorism: The Security Challenge
- Threat of Terrorism in the U.S.
- Human and Public Relations
- Command Presence
- Communicating with Angry People
- Communication Mistakes to Avoid
- Dealing with Mentally Ill Persons
- Defusing Conflict and Crisis
- Engaging the Customer
- Lobby or Reception Area Security
- Lost Children
- Proxemics and Personal Space
- Public Relations
- Tactical Communications
- Officer Safety and Survival
- Edged Weapon Defense
- Evaluate and Use Non-Verbal Messages Part I & II
- Handcuffing Techniques
- Legally Defensible Training Tactics (Part I)
- Legally Defensible Training Tactics (Part II)
- Non-aggressive Defense
- OC Sprays
- Principles for the Use of Force
- Security Officer Safety
- Tactical Thinking
- Security Management
- Basics of Risk Management
- Emergency Preparedness and Crisis Management
- Fusion Centers
- Leadership Principles
- Preparing Performance Evaluations
- Professional Standards
- Reducing Business Risk
- Sexual Harassment
- Supervisor Communication
- Time Management
- Basic Security Tool Kit (Spanish)
- Controlling Aggressive Individuals (Spanish)
- Crime Scene Containment (Spanish)
- Emergency Situations (Spanish)
- General Duties (Spanish)
- Patrol (Spanish)
- Radio and Telephone Communications (Spanish)
- Report Writing (Spanish)
- Security Officer Safety (Spanish)
- Supervisors Training Series
- Supervisors: Behavior and Motivation
- Supervisors: Counseling and Sexual Harassment
- Supervisors: Employee Performance Evaluations
- Supervisors: Substance Abuse
- Supervisors: Time Management
ADVANCED SECURITY OFFICER TRAINING
Security Engineers Inc. takes great pride in ensuring our Security Officers are well trained to complete the duties they are assigned. For that reason, we offer advanced in-house training to Security Officers at a client’s request.
SUBJECT CONTROL SPRAY
Subject Control Spray (commonly referred to as “pepper spray” or “mace”) is an effective less-lethal tool utilized by some Security Engineers Inc. Officers at the request of our clients. SEI trains and certifies appropriate personnel according to industry standards and any applicable state law.
Here is a brief list of topics covered in those classes:
Oleoresin Capsicum (OC)
After Use Guidelines
Accidental Discharge Guidelines
Officer Exposure (</= 2 Second Spray to Face & Recovery)
PPCT Less-Lethal Training Programs (Baton Use)
PPCT LESS-LETHAL TRAINING PROGRAMS
(HANDCUFFING AND BATON USE)
Handcuffs and Batons are potentially valuable tools in the proper setting when carried by professional, certified Officers. Security Engineers Inc. provides this equipment when requested by clientele and ensures that carrying Officers are highly trained and certifies before utilizing the equipment in a duty setting.
Security Mindset is a lecture-based class that encourages and prepares professional Security Officers to best perceive available stimuli, offering opportunities to mitigate and respond to security-related issues on post.
CONFRONTATIONAL BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT
Confrontation Behavior Management is a lecture-based class that trains Security Officers to recognize, respond and deescalate in situations where others have become (or are becoming) disruptive, noncompliant or aggressive. The focus is on rapid, proper intervention that minimizes conflict and maximizes compliance.
HOSTILE INTRUDER & ACTIVE SHOOTER TRAINING
Security Engineers is a leader in the private security industry, providing sound training focused on hostile intruders and active shooter situations. By breaking down the Department of Homeland Security’s “Run, Hide, Fight” protocol, our Hostile Intruder/Active Shooter class highlights tangible opportunities to prevent and respond to worst case scenarios. This is one of the most popular courses taught to client personnel. OHSA considers Workplace Violence preparedness as part of the obligation of companies under General Duty Clause 2. While these sorts of situations are rare, once they happen it is too late to prepare for them. The goal of the Hostile Intruder/Active Shooter training class is to create a “beehive mentality” where disconnected individuals operate from a singular focus without the benefit of organized, in-the–moment, direction.
SIMULATOR TRAINING ROOM
- Pre-loaded firearms training drills, dynamic training scenarios
and access to dozens of others uploaded by other teams included.
- Customizable scenarios can be created to include site-specific imagery,
video and activities ranging from shoot/no-shoot to access control and
customer service. The options for the types of scenarios are practically endless.
- Relies on inert versions of the duty weapons that replicate functionality using
pressurized “green-gas” to simulate recoil, slide reciprocation and magazine changes.
- Compatible with short-throw projectors, making the best use of
small spaces and relatively poor lighting (when needed).
- Portable: Can be moved to accommodate needs across the full
landscape of Security Engineers’ client base.
- Contact Us
- 1617 3rd Ave N | Birmingham, AL 35203
- Services Available 24/7
Please contact us with your requested services and contact information and someone from our team will get back with you as soon as possible.